Silver Snows Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Territory

+14
NĂ¡hani
Caius
Ray
Ash
Sheila
Brook
Blue
Rin
Amuro
Atticus
Feather
Drake
Katria
Kanae
18 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Winter Territory Empty The Winter Territory

Post  Kanae Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:29 am

The Winter Territory Jones-adam-snowy-forest-scene-along-the-blue-river-indiana-usa

Unlike the Summer Territory, the Winter one is no where near the mountain range. Instead, it is in a valley with an enormous forest, that has a large running river that seemingly divides the land in half. A wolf would freeze almost instantaneously during a blizzard; familiarize yourselves with the territory, lest you become lost.

- - -

Kanae's paws sunk into the snow, her white coat blending in well. The pack made it safely to the territory and only a few short days later did the snows hit. At first, it had been a few flakes, later a blizzard hit. Now that it had subsided and the sun was now shining, Kanae allowed the pack to move about freely. Since they arrived, the Alphess had updated a few things; Katria and Amuro were now Deltas together and it had not escaped Kanae's notice that the former's belly was constantly growing. Soon, the former guardian would have to take a break from her duties and take a den of her own in order to give birth to the lives that were slowly growing within her. Feeling a flash of happiness for her friend, Kanae continued onward, looking for prey.
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Kanae
Age/Gender: 2.3 years / Female

https://silversnowspack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Winter Territory Empty Re: The Winter Territory

Post  Katria Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Katria had shoveled some snow to create a decent den. Her belly - now diagnosed as pregnant - was growing rapidly. She had taken on the responsibility of Delta; now she was going to have pups. She wondered what they would look like? More like Amuro? More like her? A perfect mix? She didn't know or care.

Upon waking up, she looked down at her stomach. It was very big. Soon she would have to release her duties temporarily to take care of the pups. Of course, she would be able to do small things, preform slight tasks, because Amuro would also be here to take care of them. Getting up, the female walked, slightly slow, towards an elk carcass she had found yesterday. It was stiff and littered with snow, but she was hungry. Especially with pups on the way. Looking up at Kanae, she said, "Kanae, I believe I've found a carcass. Not much, slightly stiff, but, food is food."
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Katria
Age/Gender: 3 Years 2 Months/Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Drake was surprised how cold it had suddenly become. Luckily, since his coat was black and white, he did well in both winter and summer. Happily trotting around in the snow. He made his way over to Katria, taking it upon himself to check her every-so-often to make sure her pregnancy was on track. He had been told what was supposed to happen, but had never had the privilege of witnessing one. 'An exciting time for us all' he thought happily. "Everything okay?" he asked, knowing that the majority of problems with pregnancies were discovered through how the fae felt. He knew she'd soon be tired of him asking her the same questions over and over, but he wanted to make sure everything would go smoothly.
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Drake
Age/Gender: 3/ Male

http://hiddenoasis.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 pm

"Fine. I've been feeling an occasional kick, but rather than that, nothing but normal." Katria reported to the healer. She looked down at her belly and smiled. There were a lot; she knew that. It was thick and perfectly rounded, very large at this stage. "Have any idea when they'll be born?" Though she probably knew the answer. Very soon. But then she wondered. How would they be dealt with in winter? It was a cold, snowy time filled with ice and hardship. For even a single pup to be born in this time would spell certain death. Although, Katria had killed a cougar on her own. She would be able to treat three or four pups in the winter.

Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:53 pm

"Kanae, I believe I've found a carcass. Not much, slightly stiff, but, food is food."

"Then we shall eat it. As long as there aren't any maggots in its flesh, we can do so safely." Kanae answered, a soft smile of her face. Her chocolate eyes looked towards Katria's growing belly and she nuzzled her friend in utmost happiness. As much as she loved Blue, Katria was slowly growing to become another one of the Alphess' best friends. She loved spending time with both of them, though it seemed to be happening less and less since Blue seemed to be seeking out Gale's company more often and vise versa while Amuro and Katria were almost inseperable. Her own heart started beating faster the second that Drake approached herself and Katria. Lately, she longed for him a great deal. There was no denying that her affections for him grew during the journey.
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:59 pm

She nodded. She was about to go and sit near the carcass and wait for Kanae to eat, though she felt a nuzzle in her fur. Katria smiled, seeing that Kanae was happy for her. "I'm happy, too." She said softly. However, the ebony Delta noticed her tense up when Drake was near. Add her to the line of females waiting for him. She'd talk to her about it later, how she needed to swoop Drake fast in order to avoid the wrath of the two other females. She spent a great deal of time around, and saw they were fighting for him.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm

"I'm happy, too."

"I'm ecstatic! You'll be the first one to give birth in the pack and I get to see your pups." Kanae said with an excited skip. She had started walking alongside Katria towards the corpse. They were soon out of ear shot for Drake; the young Alphess leaned over and waggled her eye brows. "So, have you noticed how Gale looks at Blue? I think he really likes her."
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

She nodded, a smile still plastered on her face. "Yep. Have you noticed how much time they've been spending together?" Katria decided to add something. Looking over her shoulder, she made sure Drake was out of earshot. "Also, I've noticed that you have been paying attention to Drake." She said silently. She didn't want to say anything that would irritate the Alphess, but the facts were true. She just wanted to give her some advice about it.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:12 pm

"Yep. Have you noticed how much time they've been spending together?"

"I have! I hope that they end up getting together here and having pups of their own." Kanae said with another small skip in her steps. With the next words, her heart seemed to drop to her paws. However she recovered her cheery mood quickly.

"Also, I've noticed that you have been paying attention to Drake."

"You noticed, did you?" She chuckled with a nudge to Katria.
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 pm

"I have," She said. Katria noticed the light shove, and returned it to her with a chuckle. "You know, if I were you, I'd sweep him off his feet before Rin or Feather do. It's the best way." She said. As Katria reached her destination, she settled down behind it, looking over her shoulder to see if Kanae was following. This was nice, conversing with a friend. She doesn't do it often.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Drake was about to answer Katria when she and Kanae walked off together. He was tempted to go after them, but had a feeling they were having a girl talk. He had noticed that the two of them were becoming good friends and smiled.

He turned away from them, knowing that girl talks could take hours if done properly. He looked over the frozen deer, and while he knew the cold would keep the flesh relatively fresh, he knew it wasn't the best for a pregnant fae. 'the fresher the better' he thought with a smile, looking around for something to kill. He sniffed the air, wondering what kind of prey awaited him.

(what kinda prey would be here? xD)
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 pm

"I have. You know, if I were you, I'd sweep him off his feet before Rin or Feather do. It's the best way."

"Really? I never thought about it that way." Kanae answered, her eyes thoughtful. She did want to become mates with Drake but how was she supposed to sweep him off his feet? She wasn't like Katria or Blue where they could get a brute easily. The Alphess was too shy for that. What could she possibly do..?

(Elk, deer, caribou, rabbits, etc. xD)
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Drake's nose was soon filled with the scent of deer. 'yes!' he thought excitedly, his tail wagging. He soon came across the herd and selected his prey, an injured foal. 'just my luck, we don't want too much meat.' he thought as he walked through the tracks of the deer. The white in his coat helped him blend into the snow, but his black markings also made him stand out like a sore thumb. The herd soon trampled off before he had even revealed himself as one deer announced his arrival. Grumbling, he chased after the injured fawn, catching up to it quickly. Leaping onto it, he dug his claws into it's shoulders, using his hind legs to kick at the fawns, trying to trip it up. The fawn toppled, falling end over end, dragging Drake with it. He whined as the weight of the fawn pushed him into the snow, but he refused to let go of his prize. When they stopped rolling, he wrapped his maw around the fawn's neck, biting down hard, cutting off it's air ways until it stopped moving. "Ouch." he complained as he lay next to his kill, blood staining the snow and his pelt red

Last edited by Drake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 am

At first, Kanae heard the sound of Drake's whine. That was enough to get her slightly nervous as to what was going on. However, the scent of blood is what caused her to spring into action. She was racing full speed towards the smell, her heart in her throat at each pawstep. What if he where hurt? Then a dire thought crossed his mind: What if he were dead? No, he couldn't be! With every step, she picked up speed. Soon, she found the Healer. The snow around him was stained red, as was the fawn he had killed. However, that wasn't what had her heart in her throat. Drake's pelt was coloured crimson and that was what caused the Alphess distress. How badly injured was he? In a flash, the leader was at his side, checking for vitals. He was breathing and his heart was beating and that caused relief to flood her entire system. She covered his face with licks, worry still searing her heart.

"Drake, are you okay?" She asked urgently as she tried to quell her quick beating heart. She then whispered quietly, "I thought I lost you.."
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 am

Drake couldn't help but giggle as Kanae licked him. "Kanae. Kanae. I fine." He said, surprised that Kanae was so worried for him.

"Drake, are you okay? I thought I lost you.."

"A herbalist like me? Ex-warrior? I think it's going to take more than an injured fawn to bring me down." He replied cheerfully. He put pressure on his front paw which had been twisted when the foal had landed on him. He whined slightly and quickly took the pressure off. "Just a sprain." he told Kanae, not wanting her to worry about him. He buried his paw under the snow. "Perfect timing, all it needs is a little ice." he laughed a little, smiling like an idiot, trying to reassure her that he was fine. "You didn't think I was hurt bad did you?" he asked cheekily, teasing his Alphess. "Have a little faith in me." He said, acting as if he had been hurt by her comments as he stood up, favoring his hurt paw. "Do you mind helping me get this deer over to Katria? She really shouldn't eat old meat." he continued, suddenly serious.

Last edited by Drake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Feather Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Fea watched Drake and Kanae, 'His choice, she's more important, he's a brute.' she thought. "You guys want help?" Feather called down from a small hill nearby.
Feather
Feather
Apprentice Healer

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Feather
Age/Gender: 3 YOish

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:10 pm

"Any help would be greatly appreciated." Drake said with a smile to Feather. "Thanks." He grabbed the fawn by one of its legs and started to tug it to the general area where everyone seemed to hang around at the moment

Last edited by Drake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Feather Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Feather trotted down and grabbed the fawn by the neck and began to pull with Drake, 'I didn't know he used to fight...' she thought wonderingly. Drake looked strong enough, but he was so gentle you would've never known. Fea looked at Kanae, then at Drake, she decided they would be a good match and she would back off, no matter how much it hurt.
Feather
Feather
Apprentice Healer

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Drake was happy when he could drop the deer and lay down on the cold snow, glad that he had been injured during winter so he cold stick his paw in the cooling snow. "Thanks Fea." He said, looking over to her with his signature fake smile

Last edited by Drake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:18 pm

She noticed Drake dragging the fawn over, with a smile. Kanae seemed to be helping. Katria opened her mouth to speak, when Feather swooped in and started talking to Drake. That seemed to slow them down. Huffing, she turned her head, to not show the scowl that was plastered upon her face. What example would she be setting as the Delta female of the pack? Not a good one, for sure. Once she finished up her scowl, she turned back to the fawn, still awaiting its arrival.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Drake looked to Katria. "Hey there, caught a fawn for you. You really shouldn't be eating that." he said, indicating to the carcass she had previously found. "The fresher the better." he continued with his cheesy grin as he looked her over, knowing her pups were due any day now
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Feather Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Fea smiled back and trotted to Katria, "I would assume Drake has checked you already today?" she asked quietly. This ebony wolf was delta and pregnant, both of high authority and strength, she didn't want to get on Katira's bad side. "Anything you need, other than the fawn? Any herbs for something or other?" she offered.
Feather
Feather
Apprentice Healer

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm

She smiled and nodded at Drake. "Thank you," She responded to the healer. The ebony Delta turned her attention to the apprentice, who seemed to be silently making amends. "Ah, yes. He has. I won't be needing anything else though; I'm quite comfortable." Katria suddenly winced slightly, looking down at her belly. She smiled. One of them in there gave a sharp kick; indicating Katria that she'd give birth soon. But the fae already knew that there was a fighter in there. A soft one, who rarely kicked. One that she couldn't decide on, it sharply kicking then softly kicking. And one who didn't only softly kick, but barely ever kicked at all. She was worried about that one.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 pm

"No problem." Drake replied happily. He watched Katria talk to Feather, but his attention was slowly drawn back to Kanae. He was surprised how quickly he found her, her coat blending perfectly into the snow. "Gotta love the snow." he said quietly to himself, unaware he had said the words aloud, a genuine grin plastered on his face
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Feather Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 pm

"Alright," Feather smiled, "I'll be off then." she turned to leave then paused, "Congratulations on the pups and becoming Delta and Amuro's mate." she said, then left.
Feather
Feather
Apprentice Healer

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next