Silver Snows Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Territory

+14
Náhani
Caius
Ray
Ash
Sheila
Brook
Blue
Rin
Amuro
Atticus
Feather
Drake
Katria
Kanae
18 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Winter Territory - Page 3 Empty Re: The Winter Territory

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 am

She nodded. A large, lasting shudder of pain ran up through her as she winced. Then she felt it. Looking at the ground behind her, there, was a small pup, whimpering and squirming. It looked beautiful. But she barely had time to marvel at the pup until another wave of pain came. Not a pup, but another one was on the way.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Katria
Age/Gender: 3 Years 2 Months/Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:23 am

Drake followed behind them, looking around the den site, nodding in approval. He smiled as he saw Katria had already had her first pup. "You're doing great, keep it up." he praised, knowing that most fae's didn't ever need help
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Drake
Age/Gender: 3/ Male

http://hiddenoasis.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:50 am

She smiled, however it soon passed as another giant wave of pain ran through her. She felt it again. The second pup is coming. Pushing as hard as she could, the ebony fae felt the young come out. The second pup came into the world. Looking down at it, the pup squirmed and whimpered. With all her strength, she nudged the two over to her stomach. Was that it? Only two? Nope. She felt another shudder of pain.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:01 am

Drake checked over the pups, making sure that they were all healthy and happy. He smiled, happy with what he saw. "They're perfect." he couldn't help but compliment.
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 am

She smiled at them. Until she stopped, two final waves of pain rushing through her. Then it was nothing. She looked down. Four pups, she had. Two females and two males. One, the first born, was a male that looked bigger than the others. He had climbed over his siblings to get milk. The second one, a female, looked like in perfect size, however she was separated from the others, as if to say she was shy. The third one was another female. Again, she looked normal. She was snug in between her brothers. Finally, the fourth one, was the smallest. Although he made her concerned. His breathing was weak, and he looked as if he were shivering. The ebony delta began to lick him, hoping to warm him. Soon enough, his breathing pattern became even and he stopped shivering. She identified him as the runt of the litter.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:29 am

Drake kept his eye on the runt, wanting to make sure that he was going to be okay. Once he seemed to be doing well, he headed for the entrance to the den. "I'll leave you with your pups. Call me if you ever need anything." then he left Katria to it, knowing she was going to want time to bond with her new pups
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:11 am

The ebony mother nodded, looking down at them. A warm smile crept upon her maw. She curled tightly around them. Was this what it was like for every parent? Feeling overjoyed, so loving and caring all of the sudden? Well, the shaded fae also felt a newer sense of protection. Not just for the pack this time, but for her pups.

Looking up at Amuro, she murmured, "I want to name them with you."
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Blue pounced about in the snow happily. Even though winter was a time of hardship, famine, and bitter coldness, it never failed to make her feel positively giddy at the first sight of snow. She had often shirked off her duties as a yearling to play in the powdery-white goodness. While she knew better than to do so now, Blue still couldn’t help but become distracted by the weather every now and then. Though, there was one thing that she had carefully stored in the back of her mind, a season ago, that continued becoming more and more of a nuisance. Again, she found herself pushing the thought away. Why must it always return when she was feeling even the slightest bit cheerful?

Her train of thought was quickly broken, as her blue eyes were suddenly fixed upon a lone snowflake that ventured to sit atop her nose. Blue laughed lightly, before, abruptly, a particularly violent sneeze jolted her body. She shivered. As much as she loved winter, she still agreed that being half-frozen all the time really sucked. Sure, her winter pelt kept her warm enough most of the time, but there were times when the harsh wind and the biting ice made her want to cuddle up to the nearest source of warmth. But, around here, that would most likely be another wolf, and depending on who it was, she’d probably choose to freeze to death before she got cozy with anyone. She had never been the sweetest of faes.

Blue blinked, noticing a chipper Drake emerging from some old fox’s den. Did she miss something important here? “What’s all the commotion about?” she asked aloud, to no one in particular.
Blue
Blue
Beta and Lead Soothsayer

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Blue
Age/Gender: 3-year of the Female Variety

Back to top Go down

Post  Brook Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Warmth. It was vital and it was every where. The young, nameless pup could feel the bite of winter sting her skin due to the wetness that clung to her small frame. She squeaked before moving sightlessly towards the largest patch of warmness. Milk clinged to the shapeless, nameless blob of heat; the female pushed her way past another blob before reaching her desired location in the middle. She was going to survive.
Brook
Brook
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 pm

She heard Blue outside. Perking her ears, she said softly, "Blue, we have some new members." Suddenly, she heard a small squeak. Looking down, the ebony female saw the pup who squeaked. She noticed they were still wet. Sticking out her salmon tongue, she began to lick her pups' wet hide. They needed to be dry in order to be warm.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:41 pm

"Katria has had her pups." Drake elaborated Katria's call, a smile plastered on his face. "Four precious pup." he said, more to himself than to Blue
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Feather Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Fea looked at the calming havoc. "Congratulations, Katria, they're beautiful." she smiled at the newly mothering fae. Feather trotted over to Atticus and Rin, "Hey, come meet the pups Atti!" she barked happily. Fea led the brute over to the nursery. "Just ask if you can see them first." she said, realizing her mistake too late. "I meant, if you can meet them. Sorry." she whispered and then left the male alone.
Feather
Feather
Apprentice Healer

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Feather
Age/Gender: 3 YOish

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Drake watched as everyone went to look at the new pups. His smile only grew as he thought about what they would be like. His gaze turned onto the snow surrounding them, making him think of Kanae. 'I wonder when Kanae will get her chance to be a mother. And with whom.' He had always thought that she and Josh would be together, but Josh hadn't been around for a while. Drake lay down in the snow, continuing with his train of thought
Drake
Drake
Alpha

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:49 pm

She was hesitant. Curling around her pups, she knew that with her pups, would awaken a motherly-protective instinct. She was okay with Drake, Kanae, Blue and, of course, Amuro, but anyone else would simply make her uncomfortable. Instead of saying anything, she looked down at them, names racing through her mind. She wondered what they would look like when they grew up.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Amuro Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Amuro stared down at the four of them in awe. He didn’t believe he’d ever seen pups this small. New mothers of his previous packs had always been especially aggressive with whom they allowed to be near their newborns; sometimes they even prohibited the father from entering the den. Katria was more accepting than all the others he knew, but he could still sense she was not at ease with some visitors. Amuro leaned over to lick her ear, offering, “I can ward them off until you’re ready for them, if you want…”

Those who came in unconsciously carried the cold on their pelts, which stifled the steady build up of warmth that was vital to these fragile little beings. The last born concerned him slightly more than the others. He had been breathing irregularly, and was smaller than his littermates. It was a miracle he hadn’t died at birth. Amuro smiled lovingly at his new family, feeling some type of celebration was necessary to honor this day. Then it hit him. He looked pointedly back over to the runt, and murmured, “Caius...” The origin was of a dead language, but he knew the meaning clearly, ‘rejoice.’

A small squeak surprised him. He turned his focus to a larger, seemingly healthier pup, who had pushed her way past her brothers and claimed the spot as her own. Chuckling softly, Amuro observed her dominating over her siblings at such a young age. It was almost comical, like watching a small stream trying to be a mighty river. They should name her Stream, perhaps? ‘No,’ he thought, ‘it doesn’t sound quite right.’ Amuro began making mental connections to streams: a stream is smaller than a river, but larger than a creek, but a creek is larger than a brook… “Brook?” he asked audibly, caught up in his thoughts.
Amuro
Amuro
Delta

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Amuro
Age/Gender: Five year-old/Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

The ebony fae nodded her head. "I don't want too many visitors right now," She said to him, until she heard him murmur Caius and Brook. Looking down, she saw them. Caius, the runt. Brook, the dominant. They seemed like opposites. "Ash..." Katria whispered, gesturing over to the one who was trying his best to push Brook out of the way. "... and Sheila." She finished, gesturing to the shy one, the one who seemed not to join with the others.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanae Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:05 pm

(Since Kitty doesn't want to continuously gush over her puppies and I want to Roleplay Brook NOW, we've decided that we are having a skip; we are several weeks into the future and winter has fully hit. Prey is scarce but the pack has been lucky enough to have had enough so far.)

Kanae leapt through the large snowbank. It was almost as tall as she and six times as long; she had no choice but to use her legs in order to spring above it. The Alphess managed to clear it and kept herself from getting stuck. Since the birth of Caius, Ash, Sheila and Brook, many weeks had past; the pups were getting ready to have their first day out. Kanae had vowed to herself to be the first to see them; quickening her pace, the young snow-white female raced to the river side den.
Kanae
Kanae
Admin

Wolf Information
Wolf Name: Kanae
Age/Gender: 2.3 years / Female

https://silversnowspack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Katria looked down at her tumbling pups. "Pups, you need to get ready. The pack will be ready to see you on your first time out," She instructed, grooming Brook's ruffled fur. Taking her tongue off of Brook's pelt, she tasted dirt. "What were you doing in here?" She asked her.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Brook Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm

"Pups, you need to get ready. The pack will be ready to see you on your first time out. What were you doing in here?"

Brook pulled away from her mother's tongue and shook her tiny frame. Her eyes were almost fully transformed from the dark blue that they had been when she was born into a beautiful amber with gold tints. The dark blue existed on the edges; it was barely noticeable.

"Ash tried to challenge me; I showed him who's boss." Brook stated in her matter of fact voice. However, a drifting snowflake outside caught her attention; her eyes locked onto the brilliantly white world outside.
Brook
Brook
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:42 pm

She looked at Brook sternly. "Challenged or not you do not bully your siblings. Now sit back down so I can finish cleaning you." She scolded, dragging her tongue across her back.
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Sheila stood in the corner, trying to hide from her mother. By the looks of it, her grooming wasn't fun. The small pup had grown out her fur, to appear just like Katria's. However, her eyes weren't the melted gold, they were a simple amber; to say it simply, her looks she got from Katria, while her eyes and personality she got from Amuro. The shy trait, however, she had grown from being bullied by Brook. It seemed right when Brook was born, shoving away her siblings to get her own place.
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 pm

"Ash tried to challenge me; I showed him who's boss." Brook stated in her matter of fact voice.

"Challenged or not you do not bully your siblings. Now sit back down so I can finish cleaning you." She scolded, dragging her tongue across her back.

Ash snorted, nose wrinkling up in disgust. “Yeah, right,” he drawled in monotone, “I gave up because I didn’t want to be annoyed to death by the likes of you. If I have to go that way, at least let the chick who’s nagging me actually be worth looking at, not an eye-sore like you.” He had inherited his mother’s aggressiveness and sharp tongue, but tended to be quiet and apathetic around most onlookers. Dominating his siblings had long ago been deemed too troublesome (as Brook had decided that was her job), but he still refused to act as a subordinate in any way, shape, or form. He was his own boss. Developing into the cool, dark, and mysterious type at such a young age pointed out his future as the pack’s new heartthrob. (Be prepared to give up your throne, Drake, there’s a new sheriff in town!)

His physical appearance only helped the early prediction, and would only get better as he grew older. He was the largest of his siblings, as well as the most developed. His amber eyes held hints of gold flecks, but had completely lost their entire blue tint. Unlike his brother and sisters, whose looks leaned toward one of their parents over the other, Ash displayed a nearly perfect mix of his father and his mother’s pelts. As of now he was dominantly black and gray, but was forming a semi-white underbelly, similar to his father’s. The signs of his future rank were evident as well; his sturdy build was practically designed to be shaped into the ultimate force of strength in this pack. Warriors or guardians would accept him with ease, after all, both of his parents had been in those ranks before his existence.

Last edited by Ash on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ash
Ash
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Brook Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 pm

"Challenged or not you do not bully your siblings. Now sit back down so I can finish cleaning you."

"Kanae said to never let anyone challenge her; why should I let someone challenge me for my rank?" Brook said as she pulled away from her mother once more. Those eyes of hers locked onto her mother and shot her a bit of a glare. "I can clean myself! Work on Sheila, she's dirtier than I am!" With that, the young pup began to clean her coat.
Brook
Brook
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Katria Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am

She glared at Ash and Brook. "Ash, you do not talk that way about your sister. Brook, do NOT talk back to me." She scolded. Even though they were her pups, and she loved them dearly, they sometimes gave her a headache. However it seemed as though Brook was cleaning her own coat. The ebony mother saw she was doing at least on okay job, so she moved onto Ash. She began to lick his pelt, however stopping in between licks saying, "And don't even think about using that sharp tongue of yours on me."
Katria
Katria
Delta

Wolf Information

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:40 am

"Brooook," Whined Sheila. "Why do you always have to pick on us?" She asked quietly. That's when she braced herself for a long, tedious lecture about how Brook was born first, so Brook was the dominant. She heard it a thousand times already. However, her mind began to wonder. What rank would she have when she grew up? She had two potential ranks. Apprentice healer or hunter. Her body was thin, light. Her legs were long and skinny, however you could see the muscles in them. She was built for running. Although, it was strange; Ash wanted to either be a warrior or a guardian, and heck, even Brook wanted to be a guardian. Both ranks belonging to her parents. And what would she prefer? Hunting or healing. But, then again, Drake, the lead healer, did have a lot of apprentices. She already decided. Hunter would be perfect for her.
Sheila
Sheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next